Are you ready to take your baking game to the next level? Look no further than our Jammy Dodger Blondie recipe! This delightful treat combines the gooey goodness of a blondie with the fruity sweetness of a Jammy Dodger biscuit. It's a match made in dessert heaven!
What is a Jammy Dodger?
Before we dive into the recipe, let's take a moment to appreciate the wonder that is the Jammy Dodger. For those who aren't familiar, a Jammy Dodger is a classic British biscuit (or cookie, for our American friends) with a layer of jam sandwiched between two shortbread rounds. It's like a hug for your taste buds!
Why Make a Jammy Dodger Blondie?
Now, you might be wondering, why mess with perfection? Well, because sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit! By incorporating the flavors of a Jammy Dodger into a blondie, you get the best of both worlds. The rich, buttery blondie base pairs perfectly with the sweet, fruity jam filling. It's a combination that will have you coming back for seconds (and maybe even thirds).
Here's what you'll need to make our Jammy Dodger Blondies:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g white chocolate
- 220g caster suger
- 3 large eggs
- vanilla extract
- 130g cups plain flour
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g raspberry jam
- 9 jammy dodgers
Now that you have all your ingredients, it's time to get baking! Follow these steps to make your very own Jammy Dodger Blondies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (150°C) and line 9 inch tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the butter and white chocolate. We do this in 30 sec bursts in the microwave.
- In a bowl (or your stand mixer bowl if using) add the eggs, sugar, and a dash of vanilla. Mix slowly until just incorporated together
- Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix slowly until incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt and white chocolate chips and mix until fully combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Spoon blobs of jam onto the blondie batter and swirl throughout.
- Evenly place the jammy dodger biscuits on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden with a shiny top.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Now that your Jammy Dodger Blondies are ready, it's time to enjoy them! These blondies are delicious on their own, but you can take them to the next level by serving them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. The creamy coolness pairs perfectly with the warm, gooey blondie. Trust us, it's a winning combination!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready to indulge in the delightful deliciousness of our Jammy Dodger Blondie recipe. Your taste buds will thank you! Although if you really can't be bothered you can order ours by clicking on the picture below.