What's the Secret to Our Irresistible Scone?
Have you ever wondered how we make our most popular scone so incredibly delicious? Well, get ready to have your taste buds tantalized because we're about to spill the beans (or should we say, the flour?). Our secret recipe combines the perfect blend of buttery goodness, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and a touch of magic. Yes, you heard that right, magic! But don't worry, we'll guide you through the process step by step, so you can recreate this heavenly treat at home.
Gather Your Ingredients and Channel Your Inner Baking Wizard
Before you embark on this scone-making adventure, make sure you have the following ingredients at hand:
- 450g self-raising flour
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 110g unsalted butter, softened, cut into pieces
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 Cadbury’s Crunchie Bars
- Chocolate chips (Optional)
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, it's time to put on your apron and let the baking magic begin!
Mix, Shape, and Bake to Scone Perfection
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Lightly grease 1 or 2 baking trays.
- Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. This can take a while but trust me it’s worth the wait.
- Smash up the Crunchie bars with a rolling pin into decent chunks and add to the flour mix. Add the chocolate chips if using.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug and lightly whisk with a fork. Add enough milk to make the total liquid 300ml/10fl oz and whisk together. Stir the egg and milk into the flour mix– you may not need it all – and mix to a soft but slightly sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly until it comes together into a nice dough. Roll out to a rectangle about 2cm/¾in thick.
- Cut into as many rounds as possible with a fluted 5cm/2in cutter and place them on the prepared baking trays upside down. Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk left in the jug.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until the scones are well risen and a pale, golden-brown colour. Allow to cool slightly but these are best eaten while warm. Enjoy!
Enjoy the Fruits of Your Baking Adventure
Once your scones are beautifully golden and irresistibly fragrant, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Then, it's time to indulge in the fruits of your baking adventure. Grab a cup of tea, invite some friends over, and savor these delectable treats together.
Remember, the magic of our most popular scone lies not only in the ingredients but also in the love and joy you infuse into every step. So, go forth, embrace your inner baking wizard, and create scones that will leave everyone spellbound!